So you are ready to give modeling a shot – but you don’t know where to begin? Here are some tips from the pros to get you started.
Take Pictures!!! You are in love with your little one, so take pictures – lots of them!
- Digital cameras work best. You can see the pics and delete the ones you don’t like. Some cameras have a setting for Kids and Pets that give you a quicker shutter time so you don’t miss the shot! Cell phones have also gotten extremely good at capturing professional worthy shots.
- Make sure the baby is awake and SMILING. Baby should look friendly and happy!
- Take headshots and body shots to submit to agencies
- Try photos inside and outdoors. Baby should be awake, sitting, standing or playing. As long as they are looking at the camera and appear natural and comfortable you should get a good photo.
- Dress baby in solid colors that complement the skin. Darker skinned babies look great in bright, lively colors!
- Make sure photos are clear and in focus
- Avoid photos with baby eating, in the bath tub, drooling with a wet mouth or wet clothing
- Keep family members out of the picture
- Avoid a cluttered background
- Have fun! If baby tires out or won’t cooperate, save it for another day!
Want more ideas on how to take great photos of your little one? Visit our Pinterest board and look for helpful tips and posts by children photographers!